It’s that time of year again when hopefully we’re all looking forward to a well-deserved break. Sitting back In front of the fire with a mulled wine, hours watching Christmas classics, or even enjoying time spent with family and friends, whatever your preference, I hope you have a good one.
And of course what makes it even more relaxing?
Knowing you have…
1) Out of office turned on – informing customers when you will be returning to work
2) The telephone auto-attendant sharing your Christmas opening hours
3) The device that makes the widgets running smoothly 24/7
4) Hilarious tweets going out automatically when you’re stuck in conversation with Uncle Jim or Aunt Mavis
5) All of your updates being expertly patched by your technology company!
Christmas is hopefully one of those times when we can switch off, step away from work. It’s tempting to check in on emails, LinkedIn, Twitter and the rest. But set down some red lines before the festivities and try to stick to them.
Of course, a crisis can occur, and we have to respond. But as a tech lover myself, I’d urge everyone to take a step away from their work tech at some point this Christmas.
And of course, if you do that, you get to spend time pretending to your kids that you know all about the latest Xbox release, as you fight over the controller, checking out new worlds with your son’s new VR glasses or waving to smiling overseas relatives via Facetime.
So, maybe the tech never stops. But like everything else at Christmas – everything in moderation will be my mantra. Merry Christmas!
About the author: Jordan Westcott – Operations Director, Timewade
For sales or support please call +44 (0)1392 367676
Our opening times are Monday to Friday 8.30 – 5.30